Saturday, February 25, 2012

Adventures at Manly Beach


Surfing in Australia!!!  It didn’t take me and Sarah more than two minutes at Manly Beach to run over to the Rental Surf Boards booth J  so fun!  Not very pretty but we’re getting there!  We had Carl, an Aussie, there to try to teach us.  Needless to say, there were many MANY laughs and mishaps.  My abs are tired today from laughing and pushing myself on the surfboard.
We wondered over to the beach volleyball courts to try to hop in a game and we happened to join a group of exchange students from America!  Haha, that was funny.  None of us were that good, but it was a lot of fun.  The first people in a while who actually had heard of, or knew where New Hampshire was…  It’s like I’m from outer space out here.  However, some remember hearing of it after a little while and reply with, “You are the first to vote! Right?”  well, at least we’re known for something J

We traveled via ferry back to the city.  The ferry is GORGEOUS!!!!  So cool.  It’s like a little tour of Sydney every time we have to cross the harbor.  On the way over we saw a massive wipeout by a wind-surfer.  That was entertaining, accompanied by a loud, “OOOO!!!”  from us, the audience on the deck.  Good show!  Or if I was an Aussie speaking, “Good on you!”

Came back to the house for a spaghetti dinner, where Sue (my house mom) and Shirley (my house grandma) took one look at me and just ooo’d and awed at my red sunburn…  Shirley came up behind me, running her hands up by bacon-like legs saying, “We need aloe!!!”  I guess I’ll be going to the market today to find some…

After we cleaned up Sam and I met a bunch of students from our group in the city where we split up.  Some of us walked around the Opera House and then over the Harbor Bridge.  Everything was lit up and so beautiful!  Although at the end, by 11 pm and a full day in the sun and city, we were exhausted and had to travel via two trains and a walk back to our house.  I successfully walked back from the train to my house at midnight which I was pretty thankful for. Tomorrow’s promising two churches and the market, should be good!  Hopefully this will be the first day I DON’T get lost in Sydney…

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so fun Beck! Glad you are having a good time. I got sunburned today too :-(

    ReplyDelete