Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Not Again!


Nike Run in Sydney is a club of people who meet each week and run around the city, starting from the Nike store.  It’s free and you get a really cool t-shirt!  A few girl friends and I went on Monday night and joined the hundred or so people who do this ritual.  They were out of shirts unfortunately, but are getting them in next week.  So we went with the 5k group, just for fun, right?  Well, I got mixed up and ended up in the fast-paced 10k group, very lost.  A guy ran up next to me and asked what I was training for.. I told him nothing, I was just running with some friends the 5k.  He laughed and said, “You’ve gone a lot farther than that! You’re in the 10k track!”  I thought it was too long…  Well, he pointed me back to the end and I left him for the shortcut to meet back up with the girls… I got lost of course and was running around Sydney trying to find the Nike store. When I got back to the store an hour later than I started, the girls had left, thinking I had left before them. I tried to find my way home and again… got lost. When I finally made it to a train station the train was stuck.  I arrived home around 8:30, so hungry!  Dinner was waiting for me… which included mashed cauliflower…  It was quite a night. 
Woke up Tuesday to my phone account shutting off.  Don’t know why yet but I’m still trying to work that one out.  Well, on the bus I lost my wallet AGAIN!!!!!!!!!   I never lose things like that and this is the second time in 8 days!!!  I was freaking out again but thank GOD that the same bus depot found it just a few hours later and my friends Percy and Niko drove me there after class to get it.  God is so patient with me to give me my wallet back twice!  Ugh, I’ve got to be better about that… But I got to spend the afternoon with my Australian Grandma, Georgette so the day improved.  We sat and talked while she fed me Tim Tams (chocolate covered chocolate cookies) and coffee :)  She is such a blessing to me!  She is an Egyptian 84-year-old who is a resident at my service placement, The Sisters of St. Joseph’s Hostel.  We have a good time together every time I go, even if I hear the same stories over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment